Efficient, Effective and Dedicated Counsel
Kevin D. Heitke Esq.
- Debtor Relief
- Family Law
- Probate Law
Kevin D. Heitke, Esq. is an Honors Scholar from The University of Michigan, graduating in 1985 with a B.A. in Political Science. Kevin was accepted into Southwestern University School of Law's SCALE program in 1985 and graduated with his J.D. in 1987.
Kevin worked as an Associate with Morgan, Wenzel & McNicholas in Los Angeles from 1987 through 1990, whereafter he became a partner of Portnoy, Craven & Heitke in Providence, RI, concentrating on the intersection of Family Court and insolvency issues.
Kevin started his own firm in 1996. The firm continues to focus on the intersection of Family Court and Debtor/Creditor litigation, obtaining a high number of referrals from attorneys throughout the State relative to this niche area. Kevin was elected to the Burrillville Town Council in 2008 and has served as Council liason to the Zoning Board, Planning Board and Extended Care Program. Kevin also served as a Board Member on the Austin T. Levy Board of Administration.
Kevin works collaboratively with his business partners on many cases of first impression for the State and Federal Courts in Rhode Island and Connecticut. Using understandable language with his clients, problems are solved and cases are resolved as quickly as possible, despite their complexity.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1987
- University of Michigan
- B.A. - 1985
- Major: Political Science
- Connecticut, 1991
- Rhode Island, 1990
- California, 1987
- District of Columbia, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1988
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1989
Classes and Seminars
- The Intersection of Domestic Blvd. & Debtor Ave., RI Bar Association
- Annual Bar Conference , 2012 - Present
- Burrillville Land Trust, 2005 to 2008
- Moderator of Nasonville Fire District, 1991 to 2005
- RI Volunteer Lawyer's Program, 1990 to Present
- Rhode Island State Bar, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Volunteer Lawyers Program, Member
- Debtors’ & Creditors’ Rights Committee
- Family Court Bench Bar Committee
- D.C. Bar Association
- In re Thierry Delos, BK No.: 08-11548; A.P. No 08-1049, 2009, US BK Court RI
- In re JEC, Realty LLC, BK NO.: 11-13198, US BK Court RI
- In re Thierry Delos, BK No.: 08-11548
- In re JEC, Realty LLC, BK NO.: 11-13198