KEVIN D. HEITKE ESQ.
ABOUT ATTORNEY HEITKE
Kevin D. Heitke, Esq. is an Honors Scholar from The University of Michigan, graduating in 1985 with a B.A. in Political Science. Kevin was accepted into Southwestern University School of Law's SCALE program in 1985 and graduated with his J.D. in 1987.
Kevin worked as an Associate with Morgan, Wenzel & McNicholas in Los Angeles from 1987 through 1990, whereafter he became a partner of Portnoy, Craven & Heitke in Providence, RI, where he concentrated in Family Court and insolvency issues.
Kevin started his own firm in 1996 and added a partner and an associate in 2011. The firm continues to focus on the intersection of Family Court and Debtor/Creditor litigation, obtaining a high number of referrals from attorneys throughout the State relative to this niche area. Kevin was elected to the Burrillville Town Council in 2008 and has served as Council liason to the Zoning Board, Planning Board and Extended Care Program. Kevin also serves as a Board Member on the Austin T. Levy Board of Administration.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Debtor Relief
- Family Law
- Probate Law
- Connecticut, 1991
- Rhode Island, 1990
- California, 1987
- District of Columbia, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1988District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1989
- J.D. Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. University of Michigan
- The Intersection of Domestic Blvd. & Debtor Ave., RI Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Rhode Island State Bar, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Volunteer Lawyers Program, Member
- Debtors’ & Creditors’ Rights Committee
- Family Court Bench Bar Committee
- D.C. Bar Association
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Burrillville Land Trust, 2005 - 2008
- Moderator of Nasonville Fire District, 1991 - 2005
- English (Primary)